IT Support Specialist (Contract)
6 Month Contract - Full Time
At least four (4) years
Knovo creates digital twins of spaces and turns data and analytics into actionable insights to transform the customer experience.
In this role you will provide a wide variety of technical support and installation services. Primary emphasis will be on working with hardware, operating systems (Windows and Apple), and business-related software applications. Your regular work will range from support and installation (add/move/change) of desktop/laptop equipment, as well as software/OS configuration, security set up, and data recovery/backup. You will also be responsible for support, installation and troubleshooting of network devices.
You will provide technical support with identifying, investigating, and resolving user problems with hardware, software and operating systems.
We are looking for a self-started and someone who will take ownership defining and documenting and implementing our technical requirements, along with seeing all issues through to resolution, within our defined SLAs. Daily activities may change with new projects, products, and customer needs.
If you meet our qualification requirements and enjoy working as part of a close-knit team that is obsessed with delivering results, can communicate effectively, have strong attention to detail and can work in a fast-paced environment, this job is for you.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the performance of all hardware and software applications meet requirements
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify/resolve issues related to software, hardware, operating and security systems
- Oversee incident investigations to find root causes, and put high-quality remediation plans into action.
- Manage multiple cases, while maintaining high levels of user satisfaction
- Ensure all case-related information and activities are accurately documented and resolved, along with timely progress updates
- Install and configure all hardware, software, and operating systems
- Manage all utilization, health checks and monitoring requirements
- Manage hardware and software inventory and tracking for all assets
- Keep all security systems current to industry standards, and ensure all systems adhere to service level requirements
- Implement comprehensive threat detection and defense solutions for all assets
- Integrate technical solutions with the business environment, recognizing system interdependencies and reusability, and ensuring seamless delivery
- Collaborate with business leaders to source, and manage the purchase, shipment, receipt and set up all new hardware and software in Canada and the US
- Create a technology roadmap that outlines all requirements for planning purposes
- Work closely with our team in a remote environment using available applications
- Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
- Onboard all new employees/users with identified technology bundles
- Continually identify industry technology trends, solutions and improvements to current environments
- Influence product direction, foresee issues, identify and recommend leading-edge solutions
- Creatively and proactively find solutions to all problems users are experiencing by collaborating with management, stakeholders, and internal teams
- Troubleshoot and escalate alerts that cannot be resolved to appropriate stakeholders
- Act as the Knovo advocate and trusted advisor on all technology related items
- 4+ years in a Technical Support role with relevant experience supporting multiple hardware and software applications
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate
- Strong knowledge of modern digital architecture (cloud, containers, messaging and microservices)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Operating Systems and Office Suite products
- Experience with Android and IOS app-based software
- Knowledge of wired, wireless networking and networking applications
- Proficient with English written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills with a strong ability to monitor, coach and educate a team
- Willingness to work effectively as a team, helping others to resolve critical service issues
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Strong work ethic and highly developed problem-solving skills
- Enjoy working under time constraints and ability to excel under pressure
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks within a tight schedule
A flexible hybrid model combining remote and office work is in place